Our Foreign Service Professional Liability Insurance Plan provides coverage for wrongful acts, errors or omissions committed or arising within the scope of your service as an employee of the United States Government, such as:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Wrongful imprisonment
- Invasion of privacy
- Obstruction of justice Acts without appropriate authority
- Violation of Omnibus Diplomatic Security and Anti-terrorism Act
- Related Defense costs are included as part of your Liability coverage
Administrative Expense Coverage
The insurance company will provide counsel and the cost of defense and monetary penalties arising out of any disciplinary proceedings, judicial sanctions, or criminal proceedings for any act, error or omission in professional services rendered or which should have been rendered in your capacity as an employee of the United States Government. Of course, the company will not be liable for defense costs or fines if the final disposition determines that the act, error or omission was criminal. Disciplinary Proceedings and Criminal Proceedings are any proceedings including investigations, before any entity established by constitutional provision, statute, regulation, or court rules to investigate, review or impose sanctions for charges of criminal misconduct.
Judicial Sanctions are any monetary penalty imposed by an adjudicatory body as a result of any act or omission in professional services, but does not include the loss of wages or benefits.
Four Year Discovery Period
Coverage extends after expiration of your policy for a full four years for acts committed or alleged to have been committed prior to expiration as long as your policy is not cancelled for non-payment of premium.
Acts prior to policy inception, from your first day of service in the federal government, are also covered as long as you had no knowledge, prior to signing the application, of any claim or action, error or omission which might result in a claim or action.
What Is Not Covered
- Workers Compensation
- Willful violation of the law or acts of fraud
- Automobile, watercraft, aircraft liability
- Nuclear energy liability
- Damage to property owned or occupied by you or in your care, custody, or control
- Liability assumed under any contract or agreement
- Prior acts while not in the full-time employment of the United States Government or if you have foreknowledge that a claim may arise
- Loss arising from your use of firearms